Author Suzy Henderson
This notice is for this website: SuzyHendersonAuthor.com owned by Suzy Henderson, Brampton, Cumbria, UK, and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “The Website” refers to Suzy Henderson.
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) I do not process personal information about you electronically.
Lawful basis: Consent
- I process your information in the following ways: To send you a book or to keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
- Data retention period: I will continue to process your information until such time that you unsubscribe from my mailing list.
- I do not share, sell or pass on your information to third parties.
- Suzy Henderson has no responsibility for the content of external sites which can be accessed through links located on this site.
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
- I process your information in the following ways: I maintain a list of newsletter subscribers with name and email address only.
- Data retention period: Six years
- I do not share your information/personal information with third parties.
- If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are:
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies provided by WordPress in how we store, access and manage that information.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through WordPress.
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this; www.kwillbooks.com or as a titled text link like this: Bookshops in Cambridge
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an email marketing service provider. We use:
Subscription time & date
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATED MAY 2018